Points breakdowns are as follows:
1st place- 15 points
2nd place- 14 points
3rd place- 13 points
4th place- 12 points
5th place- 11 points
6th place- 10 points
7th place- 9 points
8th place- 8 points
9th place- 7 points
10th place- 6 points
Remaining tractors that show up and hook to sled will receive 5 points each.
Tractors that show up and pay entry fee but are unable to hook to the sled will receive 5 points each.
Tractors that are disqualified will receive 5 points only.
In the event that a pull is cancelled, ALL tractors that have showed up will receive 5 points each, regardless of whether the tractor hooked to the sled.
In the event of a tie with points, the total distance that each tractor pulled during the year will serve as a tiebreaker. If there is a pull off situation involved, the greatest distance pulled will be used (i.e. if a tractor pulls 300 feet the first hook and 250 feet in the pull off, 300 feet will be the distance used)
General Rules - Revised February 24, 2018
1. Tractors/trucks will be operated in a safe manner on the track and in the pit area.
2. Must be a paid club member and sign registration form to participate in any club event
3. OMTPA Membership dues are $175.00 per tractor if paid by May 1st. After May 1st the dues will be $250.00. A one time hook fee can be paid in the amount of $50.00 per event (Regular hook fees will still apply at the registration table). Paying on a per event schedule will not give you full membership benifits. Associate member fees are $25 per year.
4. Club membership will be revoked indefinitely at any time if any member is found to be behaving in an inappropriate or unsportsmanlike manner. This includes, but is not limited to: vulgar language, under the influence of drugs or alcohol, threats against any fellow members, fair board members, or tech officials . Any OMTPA member, associate member, participant, OMTPA officer or individual participating in any OMTPA event that conducts themselves in an unprofessional manner will be disqualified from the current event and will not be allowed to participate in any OMTPA event for 1 year and 1 day. The boards’ decision on the matter will be final.
5. Driver must be at least 16 years of age. If driver is at least 16 but not yet 18 years of age, driver must have legal guardian’s written consent.
6. Every tractor/truck will be inspected at least one time during the pulling season by an appointed tech official, and/or by two other drivers from the club. No driver will be permitted to technically review their own tractor/truck.
7. Any tractor/truck is subject to technical review at random during the season.
8. Someone capable of operating and controlling the tractor/truck must be seated on the tractor/truck when the engine is being started and while the engine is running. An engine running while the driver’s seat is unoccupied will be cause for disqualification.
9. When it is your turn to pull, driver must be hooked to sled within 3 minutes.
10. Any weights lost while tractor/truck is hooked to sled will result in disqualification. Placement in class and measurement will NOT be taken, however show up points will be given.
11. If tractor/truck goes out of bounds before 300', it will result in disqualification. Placement in class and measurement will NOT be taken, however show up points will be given.
12. Any class rule can be changed by majority vote. Only one vote per competing tractor/truck or committee member or associate member holding an elected position.
13. These rules and regulations have been established to ensure the safety of drivers, pit help and fans. Should you have any questions regarding any rules listed, please contact us for clarification.
Join us on and keep
up to date with all the news
Ohio Modified Tractor/Truck Pulling Association